Northern NSW Football provides COVID-19 update

June 29th, 2021

Northern NSW Football has reiterated that football is still able to continue across northern NSW, with some updated restrictions, following the COVID-19 outbreak that has affected Greater Sydney.

The NSW government announced on Saturday that the stay-at-home orders put in place on Friday had been extended across Greater Sydney to include the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong until 11.59pm on Friday 9 July 2021.

But, as of 9am this morning, no stay-at-home orders were in place for regional NSW, meaning community football can continue outside Greater Sydney under COVID-19 safe conditions including:

  • Having only one person per four square metres at venues including in changerooms, toilets, canteen facilities and club rooms;
  • People who have been in the Greater Sydney region (including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong) on or after June 21 2021 should follow the stay-at-home orders for a period of 14 days after they left Greater Sydney;
  • Anyone attending football matches or training must wear a mask;
  • People may remove their mask only for strenuous physical exercise (e.g. to warm up, train, play or referee), or when eating or drinking, and must put their masks back on at all other times, including spectators, coaches, managers, substitutes etc.;
  • Clubs must ensure they have completed a COVID-19 Safety Plan and keep a copy at their facility.

Similar to earlier orders, there are other exemptions that apply including for children under 12 and people with disabilities and other health conditions.

Northern NSW Football Head of Football Development Peter Haynes said the organisation would continue to work with the NSW government to provide clarity to its clubs, member zones and stakeholders on the evolving situation.

“We met with the NSW Office of Sport today and we will continue to liaise with them so we can keep our football community informed,” Haynes said.

“All our official information and communication will be housed on our website and distributed through our social media channels so I’d encourage clubs, volunteers and players to make use of those channels.

“We’d like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding so far. We will keep our football community up to date on any changes as soon as possible.”

For more information, visit www.northernnswfootball.com.au and click on the COVID-19 landing page. This includes a list of Frequently Asked Questions that Northern NSW Football has provided answers to.

To ask a specific question not covered in the FAQs, email reception@northernnswfootball.com.au

Related Topics:
COVID-19 update June 2021

More NewsMore >

More News

Sean McFarlane named North Coast Football’s Newcastle Permanent Community Referee of the Year
Northern NSW Football is pleased to announce Sean McFarlane as North Coast… [more]
Phil Lynch named North Coast Football’s Newcastle Permanent Community Coach of the Year
Northern NSW Football is pleased to announce Phil Lynch as North Coast… [more]
Jada Johnson named North Coast Football’s Newcastle Permanent Volunteer of the Year
Northern NSW Football is pleased to announce Jada Johnson as North Coast… [more]

Around The Clubs

Phil Lynch – Bellingen’s Mr Fixit awarded Newcastle Permanent Coach of the Year by Northern New South Wales Football and North Coast Football
Phil Lynch from Bellingen FC was announced the Newcastle Permanent Coach of the… [more]
Super Sean Scoops Newcastle Permanent Referee of the Year
By all accounts, Maclean’s Sean McFarlane is a young man of utmost… [more]
Super Sean Wins Referee of the Year
By all accounts, Maclean’s Sean McFarlane is a young man of utmost… [more]

Sponsors