The NSW Government has released updated information on COVID-19 safety related to the conduct of sport and business. In short, for us (as in football), we’re back to normal pre-March 2020, although the government does recommend that social distancing and hygiene practices remain in place.
Sport and Exercise
- Anyone can now participate in sport and exercise.
- People are no longer required to be fully vaccinated or carry vaccination evidence.
- COVID-19 Safe Check-in is only required at gyms (but not dance, yoga, pilates, gymnastics or martial art studios).
- Face masks are not required.
- Density limits no longer apply.
- COVID Safety Plans are no longer required.
Outdoor Gatherings (including community sport)
- Density limits and vaccination status no longer apply for outdoor gatherings.
- Community sport, including matches, competitions and training, can take place for all staff, spectators and participants regardless of vaccination status.
- All persons, regardless of vaccination status, can participate in an outdoor gathering, such as a barbeque or picnic.
Major Recreation Facilities
- Major recreation facilities can now be open to all people, regardless of vaccination status. Density limits no longer apply.
Other changes as they relate to football
- Masks are no longer required indoors for meetings
- There is no requirement on the number of people in areas (density), but social distancing is recommended
- QR code check-in only required for meetings in pubs, small bars and registered clubs