The NSW Government today announced updated restrictions in relation to the latest COVID-19 outbreak.
In relation to us:
- People who have been in Sydney on or since 21 June 2021 can’t participate in football activity (playing and training). They have to isolate for 14 days.
- Masks must be worn at football activity when not playing or training (that is ‘strenuous exercise’). This takes in players, team officials and match officials.
- Spectators can attend but must wear a mask.
- There’s only one person per four square metres as spectators and in the technical area.
Here’s the official information as it related to the conduct of all sport:
- “People who have been in the Greater Sydney region (including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong) on or after June 21 should follow the stay-at-home orders for a period of 14 days after they left Greater Sydney.
- Masks will be compulsory in all indoor non-residential settings, including workplaces, and at organised outdoor events;
- The one person per four square metre rule will be re-introduced for all indoor and outdoor settings, including weddings and funerals”
Source at 5.30 pm, Saturday 26 June 2021. Https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/covid-19-restrictions-extended-nsw
“When you can remove a face mask:
- doing strenuous exercise (except when you are in a gym class or a dance class)”
Source: 5.30 pm. Saturday 26 June 2021. https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/face-mask-rules