Issued: Friday, 9 July 2021, 2.30 pm
You may have heard that the NSW Government today has announced new restrictions in greater Sydney due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
The NSW Government has advised: “Restrictions in regional NSW will remain unchanged.”
From a football perspective, here’s a reminder of what applies to us:
- Masks must be worn at football activity when not playing or training (that is ‘strenuous exercise’). This takes in players, team officials and match officials.
- You should wear a mask while on the bench.
- Spectators can attend but must wear a mask.
- Children 12 years and under are exempt but are encouraged to wear masks where practicable.
- There’s only one person per four square metres as spectators and in the technical area.
- Clubs must provide a QR code check-in opportunity at their venue, as a part of their COVID-19 safety plan (for “controlled outdoor public gatherings).
More information can be found here: https://northernnswfootball.com.au/Covid19Portal