Junior Development Program (JDP)
Our North Coast Football (NCF), Junior Development Program (JDP) has been running for a number of years now and is a very successful precursor to the NCF Representative Football Program. We use the JDP as a method of identifying talented players who can successfully become a member of our REP Program.
For more information, here are some of the details regarding how our Program works:
Every year we have approximately 6 teams of 10 players involved in our JDP including a girls only team which we relax the rules on age. This girl’s squad is essentially for players who are turning 9 OR 10 in 2017 and this is only provided for our girls squads.
Many kids have been involved in our Representative Programs and this year we have 150 local players training and playing with us in older age groups. On top of this, we add another 60 players from our Junior Development Program. Each year we have 2 squads from the Clarence area, a Grafton-based squad and a MacLean-based squad. In Coffs Harbour we have four more teams including a Girls team which may comprise some 10 year olds.
Training sessions for the Coffs Harbour area playing groups are held at Leisure Park 2, Stadium Drive, near the International Stadium in Coffs Harbour.
In the Clarence area we will have Barnier Park for the Grafton squad and Barry Watts Oval, in MacLean, for the other squad.
Our sessions are held mostly on a Monday evening, once per week. Sessions will be approximately 45-60 minutes in duration (approximately 4:15 – 5:15pm) As well as the training sessions, we include at least two Gala Days held on a Sunday with one in Coffs harbour and another in the Clarence area.
Naturally, we would like to explain in more detail exactly what the cost of our Under 9’s program entails:
- It costs $195 per player & includes a full training/playing kit and a training ball
- This program equates to less than $10 per session, inclusive of Gala Days
- Each squad, comprising of approximately 10 players, will work under the guidance of a qualified and recognised member of our NCF coaching staff, implementing the FFA’s National Curriculum Training Program
- The program will include ten training sessions. Importantly, no sessions will be held in school holidays
- Throughout the year, at least two Gala Days will be held, on a Sunday only, with each Gala day consisting of three or four 30 minute games of 7 v 7
Gala days will be played against other JDP squads from the North Coast Football Zone, providing an opportunity to play against our region’s most talented players. Additionally, we will have a NNSW Gala day on July 23rd 2017 in Coffs Harbour involving teams from Northern Inland (Tamworth and Armidale region) and Mid North Coast (Port Macquarie/Taree region)